1.62 cr applications verified, 3rd Annapurna payment rolls out with 1.45 cr beneficiaries
Times of India | 18 August 2026
Kolkata: The state has verified 1.62 crore Annapurna Yojana applications out of 1.8 crore submitted, and the process of disbursing the third instalment of the benefit under the scheme started for 1.45 crore applicants on Monday. However, the payment for about 17 lakh women has been put on hold during the verification process conducted before the disbursement of Rs 3,000 monthly allowance.
The women whose payments have been withheld for various reasons — around 10 lakh did not have their bank accounts linked with Aadhaar — will be allowed to apply afresh after Aug 20 when the portal is slated to reopen, according to officials.
During a press meet at Nabanna on Monday, minister of state (health) Sumana Sarkar said, “While 1.8 crore applications were received, 1.45 crore have been included as beneficiaries. The process of disbursing the money has started and will go on till Aug 20. Applications submitted till July 10 have been verified. The verification for application forms from July 11 onwards will continue until Sept 30.”
For women who are yet to apply for the scheme, the portal will open after Sept 30. “New forms will not be accepted until the applications submitted up to July 31 are verified. The portal will reopen for new applications after Sept 30,” the minister said.
Speaking about the applicants who have been excluded this time, an official said, “None is being shown as outright rejected. For those who applied after July 10, inquiry and verification is underway; verification will be completed by the second week of Sept, after which those who are eligible will receive benefits. The portal will reopen on Aug 20 when the excluded women can claim the benefit. Then their applications will be rechecked. The BDOs will be instructed to facilitate the women who need to get their bank accounts linked with Aadhaar.”
“We will write down the reasons for those women who will not receive it. Rs 4,350 crore will be spent this month to pay the 1.45 crore beneficiaries, the number has increased by 25 lakh since last month,” said the official.